We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting only if you have agreed to receive third party promotional information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com. We will promptly correct any incorrect information.
What we collect
If you are a member of EconomicDevelopment.org or subscribe to EconomicDevelopment.org publications, we may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information, including email address
- Demographic information, such as postal code, preferences and interests
What we do with this information?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send emails about new services, products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
To restrict the collection or use of your personal information you can do the following:
- Decline cookies through your web browser.
- If you provide any personal information by subscribing to an EconomicDevelopment.org publication or filling in a form, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you don’t want your information shared for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to your personal information being used for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your information, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to visitor needs.
A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Third party sites connected to EconomicDevelopment.org may be place and read cookies on your browser, or use web beacons to collect information, in the course of ads being served on our website.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
EconomicDevelopment.org contains links to other websites. We have no control over these sites. Once you have used these links to leave our site, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting external sites. These sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution with your information and check the privacy statement of the website in question.